2022 Grant Application— Click here to view!
Community Grant Funding Guidelines
The Kelly for Kids Foundation Community Grants are awarded to charitable not-for-profit 501 (C)(3) organizations whose primary mission is to assist children in need in the Western New York area. In particular, it funds health and social service organizations that serve the disabled and/or economically disadvantaged youth.
KELLY FOR KIDS FOUNDATION’S AREAS OF FOCUS
1. Innovative programs that directly assist Western New York children in need.
2. Equipment and physical improvements for organizations dedicated to programs for disadvantaged children and teens.
3. The Foundation gives priority to organizations that can demonstrate definitively how the funds will be used.
Proposal Review & Evaluation
Foundation staff will conduct a screening of all proposals to determine eligibility. Organizations whose proposals do not meet initial criteria will be notified of that decision. Applications will not be considered if any of the criteria outlined is not included. The Board of Directors will evaluate eligible proposals. The committee may request additional information and a site visit, or a meeting may be scheduled.
Provide grants to individuals.
Purchase sponsorships (e.g., program advertising, corporate table, golf holes) at the organization’s special events.
Provide funding for public playgrounds.
Fund local chapters of national organizations that send a substantial portion of the grant to the national office.
Fund governmental programs of lobbying efforts.
Provide grants for overhead or general operating expenses.
Congratulations to our 2021 grant recipients!
We were able to grant over $260,000 to local charities in Western New York this year!
- A Future with Hope Community Center
- Agri-Business Child Development ABCD at Batavia
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention WNY Chapter
- Alleyway Theatre Incorporated
- Boys and Girls Club of Depew-Lancaster
- Boys and Girls Club of East Aurora
- Boys and Girls Club of Holland
- Brave Little Fighters Foundation, Inc.
- Buffalo Kiwanis Club Foundation, Inc.
- Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
- Camp Abilities Research Foundation SUNY Brockport
- Camp Good Days and Special Times
- Cradle Beach
- Danceablity, Inc.
- ECMC Foundation, Inc.
- Embrace Recovery Buffalo
- Emmanuel Sanders Foundation
- Evan Wood Fund at Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Foundation
- FeedMore WNY
- For Our Daughters
- Genesee County CASA for Children
- Girls on the Run of Buffalo
- Hunter’s Hope Foundation
- Ilio DiPaolo Scholarship Fund
- Kids Escaping Drugs
- KidsPeace Western New York Foster Care & Community Programs
- Lothlorien Therapeutic Riding Center
- Nor-Ton Red Jacket Club, Inc.
- Our Lady of Victory Homes of Charity
- Pittsford Youth Services, Inc.
- Playmakers Foundation
- P.U.N.T. Pediatric Cancer Collaborative
- Pursue Your It Foundation, Inc.
- R2R Ministry Inc.
- Rochester Broadway Theatre League
- Rotary Club of Hamburg Foundation
- Rural Outreach Center
- Saving Grace Outreach
- Sensational Fun, Inc.
- St. Joes Collegiate Institute
- Suneel’s Light Foundation
- The Salvation Army
- The Summit Center
- The Teacher’s Desk
- Tre and Associates (Willie Hutch Jones Educational & Sports Program)
- Valley Community Association
- Western New York Physically Challenged Youth Sports
- Wings Flights of Hope, Inc.