Our grant application closed on October 24th – thank you to all the organizations who applied. Stay tuned for more information.
Community Grant Funding Guidelines
The Kelly for Kids Foundation Community Grants are awarded to charitable not-for-profit 501 (C)(3) organizations whose primary mission is to assist children in need in the Western New York area. In particular, it funds health and social service organizations that serve the disabled and/or economically disadvantaged youth.
KELLY FOR KIDS FOUNDATION’S AREAS OF FOCUS
1. Innovative programs that directly assist Western New York children in need.
2. Equipment and physical improvements for organizations dedicated to programs for disadvantaged children and teens.
3. The Foundation gives priority to organizations that can demonstrate definitively how the funds will be used.
Proposal Review & Evaluation
Foundation staff will conduct a screening of all proposals to determine eligibility. Organizations whose proposals do not meet initial criteria will be notified of that decision. Applications will not be considered if any of the criteria outlined is not included. The Board of Directors will evaluate eligible proposals. The committee may request additional information and a site visit, or a meeting may be scheduled.
Provide grants to individuals.
Purchase sponsorships (e.g., program advertising, corporate table, golf holes) at the organization’s special events.
Provide funding for public playgrounds.
Fund local chapters of national organizations that send a substantial portion of the grant to the national office.
Fund governmental programs of lobbying efforts.
Provide grants for overhead or general operating expenses.
Congratulations to our 2022 grant recipients!
We were able to grant over $300,000 to local charities in Western New York this year!
- A Future with Hope Community Center
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Be-A-Friend Program/Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie, Niagara, & Southern Tier
- Boys & Girls Club of Buffalo
- Cancer Action Inc (Cancer Support Community Rochester)
- Chestnut Ridge Conservancy
- Cradle Beach
- David’s Refuge
- ECMC Foundation
- Evan Wood Fund at the Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Foundation
- Every Person Influences Children
- Explore and More
- FeedMore Western New York
- Genesee County CASA for Children
- Girls on the Run of Buffalo
- Harrison’s Playmakers
- Hunter’s Hope Foundation
- Ilio DiPaolo Scholarship Fund
- Insightful Strides
- Kids Escaping Drugs
- Boys & Girls Club of Depew-Lancaster
- Boys & Girls Club of East Aurora
- Boys & Girls Club of Holland
- Boys & Girls Club of the Northtowns
- Our Lady of Victory Homes of Charity
- Pittsford Youth Services, Inc.
- Camp Good Days
- Little Smiles of WNY
- Plymouth Crossroads
- Pursue Your It Foundation, Inc.
- R2R Ministry
- Rural Outreach Center
- Second Generation Theatre Co. (SGT)
- St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute
- Suneel’s Light Foundation
- The Salvation Army
- The Teacher’s Desk
- Totally Buffalo Cares (Hope for the Holiday’s)
- Tre & Associates, DBA Willie Hutch Jones Educational & Sports Program
- VIA: Visually Impaired Advancement
- Western New York Physically Challenged Youth Sports
- Wings Flights of Hope, Inc.