Our 2018 application is now closed. We will be announcing our grant recipients in January. Our 2019 application will be available in the spring.
Community Grant Funding Guidelines
The Kelly for Kids Foundation Community Grants are awarded to charitable not-for-profit 501 (C)(3) organizations whose primary mission is to assist children in need in the Western New York area. In particular, it funds health and social service organizations that serve the disabled and/or economically disadvantaged youth.
Kelly for Kids Foundation's Areas of Focus
- Innovative programs that directly assist Western New York children in need.
- Equipment and physical improvements for organizations dedicated to programs for disadvantaged children and teens.
- The Foundation gives priority to organizations that can demonstrate definitively how the funds will be used.
Kelly for Kids Foundation Community Grant DOES NOT:
- Provide grants to individuals.
- Purchase sponsorships (e.g., program advertising, corporate table, golf holes) at the organization's special events.
- Provide funding for public playgrounds.
- Fund local chapters of national organizations that send a substantial portion of the grant to the national office.
- Fund governmental programs of lobbying efforts.
- Provide grants for overhead or general operating expenses.
Proposal Review & Evaluation
Foundation staff will conduct a screening of all proposals to determine eligibility. Organizations whose proposals do not meet initial criteria will be notified of that decision. Applications will not be considered of any of the criteria outlined is not included.
Eligible proposals will be evaluated by the Board of Directors. The committee may request additional information and a site visit or a meeting may be scheduled.
2017 Grant Recipient Luncheon
This year’s grant luncheon will take place on January 16th at Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant. This year we were able to grant over $240,000 to local charities in Western New York.
Congratulations to the 2017 Recipients:
- Alleyway Theatre
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Be a Friend/ Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie County
- BISON Children's Scholarship Fund
- Borinquen Dance Theatre
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Depew Lancaster
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Northtowns
- Buffalo Kiwanis Club Foundation
- Buffalo Prep
- Camp Good Days & Special Times, Inc.
- Community Action of Orleans & Genesee
- Cradle Beach
- Danceability Inc.
- ECMC Foundation
- Epic (Every Person Influences Children)
- For Our Daughters Incorporated
- Gilda's Club of Rochester- Camp Open Arms
- Girls' initiative of the Women's Foundation of Genesee Valley
- Healing Tree School of Music
- Hunter's Hope Foundation
- Ilio DiPaolo Scholarship Fund
- Kids Escaping Drugs
- Learning Disabilities of WNY
- Make Lemon Aide, Inc.
- Olmsted Center for Sight
- Parent Network of WNY
- People Inc.
- Police Athletic League of Buffalo
- Pursue Your It Foundation
- R2R Ministry
- Roanchar Ranch Draft Horse Rescue
- Rural Outreach Center
- Spiritus Christi Mental Health Center
- Stanley Makowski Early Childhood Center BPS 99
- Starbridge Services, Inc.
- St. Joe's Anthony Martino Memorial Fund
- Suneel's Light Foundation
- The ARC of Genesee & Orleans County
- The Salvation Army
- Wings Flight of Hope
- Western New York Physically Challenged Youth Sports
- Women's & Children's Hospital of Buffalo