Our 2017 grant application has closed. The Community Grants Committee will review proposals and choose the 2017 recipients towards the end of the calendar year.
Community Grant Funding Guidelines
The Kelly for Kids Foundation Community Grants are awarded to charitable not-for-profit 501 (C)(3) organizations whose primary mission is to assist children in need in the Western New York area. In particular, it funds health and social service organizations that serve the disabled and/or economically disadvantaged youth.
Kelly for Kids Foundation's Areas of Focus
- Innovative programs that directly assist Western New York children in need.
- Equipment and physical improvements for organizations dedicated to programs for disadvantaged children and teens.
- The Foundation gives priority to organizations that can demonstrate definitively how the funds will be used.
Kelly for Kids Foundation Community Grant DOES NOT:
- Provide grants to individuals.
- Purchase sponsorships (e.g., program advertising, corporate table, golf holes) at the organization's special events.
- Provide funding for public playgrounds.
- Fund local chapters of national organizations that send a substantial portion of the grant to the national office.
- Fund governmental programs of lobbying efforts.
- Provide grants for overhead or general operating expenses.
Proposal Review & Evaluation
Foundation staff will conduct a screening of all proposals to determine eligibility. Organizations whose proposals do not meet initial criteria will be notified of that decision. The Foundation WILL NOT duplicate grant applications. Applications will not be considered of any of the criteria outlined is not included.
Eligible proposals will be evaluated more thoroughly by the Board of Directors. The committee may request additional information and a site visit or a meeting may be scheduled.
2016 Grant Recipient Luncheon
This year's grant luncheon took place on Thursday, January 12th at Ilio DiPaolo's Restaurant. This year, we were able to grant over $250,000 to local charities in Western New York. Our grant recipients were given a check and selected organizations were asked to speak about their program. Not only does this luncheon draw organizations together and provide the opportunity to learn about each other’s charities, it also opens up the door for them to assist one another with their services.
Congratulations to the 2016 Recipients:
- Alleyway Theatre Inc.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Autism Services, Inc.
- Be-A-Friend Program, Inc.
- BISON Children's Scholarship Fund
- Boys & Girls Club of Buffalo
- Boys & Girls Club of Depew/Lancaster
- Buffalo Center for Arts and Technology
- Buffalo Hearing and Speech Center
- Camp Good Days & Special Times
- Center for Teen Empowerment
- Celebration of Life Community, Inc.
- The Challenger Learning Center of Orleans & Niagara Counties
- Child & Adolescent Treatment Services
- Community Action of Orleans & Genesee
- Cradle Beach Camp
- Daystar for Medically Fragile Childrens & Girls Club
- ECMC Foundation
- Food Bank of WNY
- Foundation for Deaf Education
- Gateway-Longview Foundation
- Hunter's Hope Foundation
- Ilio DiPaulo's Scholarship Fund
- Jericho Road Community Health Center
- Francis Center
- Make-A-Wish Metro NY & Western NY
- Mary Cariola Children's Center
- Michael Napoleone Memorial Foundation
- Music is Art
- Olmstead Center for Signt
- Parent Network of WNY
- R2R Ministry Inc.
- Reach Out and Read
- Research Foundation for SUNY at Brockport Camp Abilities
- Rivendell Recreation Center
- Rural Outreach Center
- SABAH, Inc.
- Special Olympics New York
- Special Spaces Buffalo
- St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute
- Suneel's Light Foundation
- The King Urban Life Center
- Town of Hamburg Recreation Foundation
- Tre & Associates / Willie Hutch Jones Sports Programs
- United Cerebral Palsy Association Inc.
- University District, CDA Inc.
- Valley Community Association
- Volunteers of America